When the cookie craving comes, the easiest thing to do is making a big batch of vegan peanut butter cookies. They’re easy to make, super delicious and filling. And this recipe is a lot healthier that the classical one (that involves tons of refined sugar and butter!). So it’s a win-win situation – your cookie cravings will be satisfied with no harm done to your health.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole spelt flour (or oat flour or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup unsalted, runny peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plant milk (or water)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients – whole spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients – peanut butter, maple syrup, plant milk and vanilla extract. Then mix the dry and wet ingredients together. The dough should be easily formable. If it’s too liquid, add more flour. If it’s too hard, add a bit more plant milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form cookie balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie) and place them on a baking paper. Flatten with a fork one way and then the other to create a pattern.
- Put cookies in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly! The edges should be light brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container to keep the cookies soft.
- Peanut Butter