This is the week to dig through your freezer and see what’s hiding out in the back of it! If you’ve got half used strawberries that didn’t make it into a smoothie, some mixed veggies that just aren’t that great for a stir fry, or some random raspberries you’re not sure what to do with, no worries! This meal plan makes the most of what you’ve got! If you don’t have a certain ingredient such as mint or parsley to go over top of a recipe, don’t worry! This week isn’t about make the most beautiful recipes, but rather, about making the most of what’s in your pantry!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you ideas on how to make meals using frozen fruits and vegetables for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Green Energy Bowl
Happy Monday! If you’ve got a hoard of frozen fruits and vegetables in your fridge or freezer, here are some perfect Monday meals to get you through the week! Wether you’re working, taking care of family members or kids, or simply watching Netflix, these meals will keep you on your toes!
- Breakfast: Green Energy Bowl by Kirsten Kaminski
- Lunch: Smoky Chickpeas and Kale Over Baked Sweet Potatoes by Crissy Cavanaugh Green Beans with Lemon Dressing by Melissa Tedesco
- Dinner: Mushroom Lardons With Black-Eyed Peas and Greens by Umami Bomb, Raquel Pelzel
- Dessert: Mug cake by )) and 10-Minute Mixed Berry Compote by Laura Nockett
Source: Spelt Mixed Fruit Scones
Tuesday is a good day to start your day with something sweet! These scones come together beautifully and will help you use up the frozen fruits in your freezer! You can use any extras for the popsicles you can make for dessert!
- Breakfast: Spelt Mixed Fruit Scones by Sarah Pether
- Lunch: Vegetable Korma by Nikki and Zuzana
- Dinner: Turmeric Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables by Medha Swaminathan
- Dessert: Raw Coconut Milk Fruit Popsicles by Emily von Euw
Happy Hump Day! Start your day off with beautiful blueberry pancakes! If you don’t have blueberries in your freezer, feel free to add whatever fruit you have on hand! For dinner, enjoy a hearty curry that goes well with rice!
- Breakfast: Cosmic Blueberry Pancakes by Danielle Dewar
- Lunch: Black Lentil Charred Broccoli Shepherd’s Pie by Stephanie McKinnie
- Dinner: Hearty Curry With Chickpeas, Beans, and Potatoes by Nele Liivlaid
- Dessert: Mango Cherry Popsicles by Mitra Shirmohammadi
Thursday means there’s one more day before the week is over! Celebrate your small victories this week with a warming kale and chickpea soup that’s both filling and delicious! If you’re wondering how to use those leftover fruits in your fridge, try making a crisp out of them!
- Breakfast: Carrot Pineapple Oatmeal by Lauren Smith
- Lunch: Tuscan Kale Chickpea Soup by Shanika Graham-White
- Dinner: Quinoa Pilaf with Spicy Tempeh and Broccoli by Pavani Nandula
- Dessert: Pineapple Raspberry Crisp by Plant Tribe
Source: Creamy Corn Chowder
Happy Friday! Celebrate the end of the week with these delicious meals! From granola to a delicious strawberry vanilla crumble, you’ll be able to enjoy your Friday in the best way!
- Breakfast: Vegan Lemon Blueberry Superfood Granola by Gabrielle St. Claire
- Lunch: Vegetable Pot Pie by Wendy Irene
- Dinner: Creamy Corn Chowder by Diane Smith
- Dessert: Strawberry Vanilla Crumble by Stefani Weiss
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!