These blueberry pancakes are light, fluffy, and just the right amount of sweet. They're perfect for ripping up by hand to dunk in syrup or to slather with vegan butter. Serve these pancakes with a sweet fruit compote, a drizzle of maple syrup, or a square of vegan butter.
Cosmic Blueberry Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 level tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon neutral-flavor oil
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup, plus extra frozen wild blueberries
- In a blender, blend all ingredients, except for the blueberries until smooth. Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Add the frozen wild blueberries and combine gently by pulsing the blender two or three times.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once sizzling hot, fry your pancakes one at a time. The pancakes are ready to flip after bubbles form on top and edges are golden. Serve immediately.