This 10 Minute Mixed Berry Compote is a quick and easy summer topping for some of your favorite treats! Use fresh berries to cook up this sauce that is bursting with flavor! To make the compote you will cook down the berries with maple syrup and a little lemon juice and then thicken it with a little bit of corn starch. In only 10 minutes you will have a delicious and versatile berry sauce!
10-Minute Mixed Berry Compote [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for 10-Minute Mixed Berry Compote [Vegan]
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup high quality maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
How to Prepare 10-Minute Mixed Berry Compote [Vegan]
- Remove stems from strawberries and slice into quarters
- Add the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, maple syrup and lemon juice to a heavy bottomed sauce pan
- Heat on medium high, mixture will start to boil, stir frequently with a wooden spoon to keep from burning for 8 minutes
- Meanwhile, dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the berry mixture, reduce heat to a low simmer
- Simmer for 2 minutes until mixture thickens
- Serve immediately or reserve in the fridge for up to 3 days
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.