Pineapple surprisingly pairs well with so many different foods and flavors, which is precisely the case with this oatmeal. Try this delicious combination for your next breakfast to see just how versatile pineapple is!
Carrot Pineapple Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon mild molasses (use 1/8 if using blackstrap)
- Pinch of salt
- Add milk to the saucepan over medium high heat and add carrots immediately. Allow them to soak in the liquid while it's coming to a boil to help it soften.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Add pineapple.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, molasses, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (maple syrup, shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).