This easy lunch or dinner combines turmeric flavored quinoa with roasted vegetables and tofu for a balanced vegan meal fThis easy lunch or dinner combines turmeric flavored quinoa with roasted vegetables and tofu for a balanced vegan meal f
Turmeric Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables [Vegan]
- 3 oz tofu, cut into thin rectangles
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare tofu, broccoli, and carrots and toss with soy sauce. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes and cool on wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine quinoa, 1/2 cup water, turmeric powder, ginger, sea salt, and garlic powder. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes. Stir, and then return to microwave for 2 minutes, still covered. Let sit, covered, for 2 additional minutes before fluffing.
- Serve quinoa with roasted veggies and tofu and top or serve with 1 tablespoon walnuts. Enjoy!.