The vegetable korma curry is sweet, mildly spicy, creamy…and super tasty. Plus there is a super quick and easy “curry paste” that is great to have one hand when you are short on time. It has broccoli, sweet potato, and carrots, but you can add in whatever you'd like really. This vegetable korma is so cozy and delicious––perfect for fall!
Vegetable Korma [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Curry Paste:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 " cube fresh ginger
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
For the Vegetable Korma:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- big pinch salt & hing optional
- 1 cup rice of choice optional
- Prepare rice according to packet.
- Place the cashews and coconut milk in a bowl. Allow to sit and soak. Set aside. In the meantime, steam the potatoes, broccoli and carrots until just tender. Set aside.
- Add all "curry paste" ingredients to a food processor or vitamix and blend until combined into a paste.
- In a large pot on high heat, add the oil and onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add in the curry paste and mix well with the onion. Meanwhile add the coconut milk and cashews into the same food processor or blender as curry paste (do not rinse it) and blend until no chunks.
- Add in the rice, broccoli, carrots and potatoes to the onions and curry and mix well.
- Next add in the coconut milk and cashew blend - stir until well covered.
- Allow to simmer until heated through - it will thicken!
- Add a pinch of hing and salt to taste.