It can be easy to forget how important our kidneys are. They are small, but mighty, and there are ways to support them so they can do their best job. Certain foods can help your kidney function and those foods include kale, apples, red bell pepper, and oats, and of course, cranberries. Follow this week’s meal plan to feel full and satisfied, and give your kidneys an extra boost.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you kidney-supporting vegan meals for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Cinnamon Baked Apples
These meals not only taste great, but are the perfect way to help your kidneys stay healthy. Try out this kidney-supporting and delicious cranberry loaf for breakfast and enjoy delicious baked apples for dessert!
- Breakfast: Cranberry Swirl Mini Loaves by Lan Pham Wilson
- Lunch: Sunshine Smoothie by Annie Oliverio
- Dinner: Barbecue Mushroom Lasagna by Lauren Hartmann
- Dessert: Cinnamon Baked Apples by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek
Source: Healthy Balsamic Mushrooms
Happy Tuesday! These kidney-supporting vegan meals and the way to start your week! From apple cinnamon oatmeal to a grapefruit creme brulee, you’ll feel satisfied and your kidneys will thank you!
- Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal by Nicole Dunai
- Lunch: Healthy Balsamic Mushrooms by Hannah Sunderani
- Dinner: Potato Kale Enchiladas by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Dessert: Grapefruit Creme Brûlée by Abby Thompson
Source: Cranberry Scones
Have you ever had cranberry scones? Now is your chance! These cranberry scones make the perfect kidney-supporting vegan meal for breakfast, plus you’ll have enough to enjoy throughout the week. Plus, what is better than ending your day with a warm gingerbread crisp?!
- Breakfast: Cranberry Scones by Julie Zimmer
- Lunch: Avocado Grapefruit Jicama Salad by Viktoria Radichkova
- Dinner: Mushroom & Nut Burgers by Lydia Filgueras
- Dessert: Apple Pear Cranberry Gingerbread Crisp by Tara Sunshine
Source: Tuscan Kale Chickpea Soup
This chickpea soup makes the perfect Thursday meal: it’s warm and filling, and like eating a hug! Plus, with the extra support to your kidneys, it’ll help your body, too!
- Breakfast: Mixed Berry Muffins by Kristina Humphreys
- Lunch: Jamaican Brown Stew Mushrooms with Butter Beans by Trudy Geneus
- Dinner: Tuscan Kale Chickpea Soup by Shanika Graham-White
- Dessert: Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal Squares by Allie Penner
Source: Seeded Cranberry Bagels
Happy Friday! Today is a great day of the week to help those hard-working kidneys out, and what better way than delicious food? Today’s menu starts with bagels and ends with a delicious cranberry lemon poundcake that will leave your tastebuds singing!
- Breakfast: Seeded Cranberry Bagels by Lenny Wu
- Lunch: Kale and Avocado Salad by Rouxbe
- Dinner: Creamy Mushroom Penne with Thyme Crusted Tofu by Jenny Marie
- Dessert: Cranberry Lemon Poundcake by Gabrielle St. Claire
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!