Sautéing mushrooms is great because it’s quick, easy, and so flavorful. Certainly, this recipe is as simple as they come. You need only 5 ingredients for these ultra lush and full-bodied healthy balsamic mushrooms. These mushrooms are umami flavored, creamy and lightly tangy. It makes for a great side dish, or top on toast and comforting dishes like baked potatoes and risotto.
Healthy Balsamic Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Slice cremini mushrooms and add to skillet on medium-low heat with olive oil and a pinch sea salt. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes (letting the mushrooms sweat and release their natural waters).
- Combine almond butter, balsamic and thyme in a small bowl. Whisk together. Turn skillet to medium-high heat and pour liquid mixture over mushrooms. Continue cooking mushrooms, stirring often until liquid is thickened and mushrooms are golden browned. (5-10 mins)
- Serve mushrooms as a side dish, or top on avocado toast, risotto or baked potato.