If you’re looking for that effortless holiday vegan dessert that just screams Christmas – this cranberry lemon pound cake is the perfect festive treat. The cake has all of the decadence of a normal pound cake with none of the guilt. Plus, the tart lemons and the sweet cranberries make the perfect flavor and color combination.
Cranberry Lemon Poundcake [Vegan]
For the Pound Cake:
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons vegan egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream vegan butter, sugar, and lemon zest together for three minutes.
- Add the vegan eggs slowly allowing them to combine.
- Add the vanilla and mix it in.
- Add the lemon juice and mix it in.
- In a separate bowl, mix and combine the dry ingredients together.
- Add the almond milk, the lemon, and the egg to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries. Make sure not to over mix your dough because it will lose height.
- Grease a bread pan and pour the batter in the pan
- Bake it at 350°F for 50-60 minutes.
- While the loaf cools make the icing. Combine the sugar and the lemon juice to achieve the desired consistency.
- Top the bread with it once loaf is room temperature.
- Add some additional lemon zest.
- Let the dish set before serving.