These cranberry loaves are so comforting and delicious. The sweet, moist cake has delicious pockets of tangy cranberry. The streusel topping adds the perfect amount of crunch. Plus, warm brown sugar is a simple pleasure that everyone enjoys. Baking these cranberry loaves will make your kitchen smell amazing. Serve them at a tea party or bring them for an on-the-go snack. They are will keep for a week, covered, in fridge.
Cranberry Swirl Mini Loaves [Vegan]
For the Muffins/Loaves:
- 2 cups cranberries, divided
- a few sprigs of thyme (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax seed eggs (1 egg = 1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup almond milk
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons warm coconut oil
For the Streusel:
- In a small bowl make the streusel topping by combining everything and mix evenly. Set aside.
For the Loaves/Muffins:
- In a small sauce pan reduce 1 cup of cranberries (+ sprigs of thyme, if using), mashing with a fork and stirring. you want the berries to break down, the sauce to be thick. strain through a sieve if you’re not keen on the skin/pulp. set aside and cool to room temp.
- Prepare mini-loaf pan by greasing with coconut oil, or vegan butter.
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. in another bowl whisk flax seed eggs + sugar until thick and then add in the veggie oil, vegan mayo, and almond milk. now combine the liquid to dry ingredients, with the remaining cranberries. Try not to over-mix. Seriously, it’s a rather dense looking batter.
- Fill mini loaf pan a little over 3/4 way up, these will expand/rise. spoon about a teaspoon, more or less, of the reduced cranberry sauce on top of each muffin. Use a toothpick or some stick-like kitchen tool and swirl the sauce into the batter. Finally, top with streusel topping, amount at your discretion.
- Bake 17 – 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes and then remove from pans to cool completely.