As summer approaches, you might be thinking of ways to fit more fiber into your diet. Getting enough fiber has many benefits such as keeping you regular, keeping you fuller for longer, and supporting your gut health. However, it’s important to find a balance between too much fiber and too little fiber. To learn more about fiber, check out these articles All About Fiber and How a Fiber-Rich Plant-Based Diet Keeps Your Gut Microbiome Happy and Healthy. These meals are rich in fiber and will keep you feeling fuller for longer!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you high-fiber meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! These filling meals are perfect for a productive Monday. Start your day off with these baked oats that are made with apple and blueberry. For dinner, enjoy this black lentil and quinoa dish that you can either have on its own or pair with your favorite plant-based protein! Of course, there’s no better way to end your Monday than with chocolate!
- Breakfast: Apple and Blueberry Pie Baked Oats by Incredible Plant-Based Desserts, Anthea Cheng
- Lunch: Cheesy Broccoli Tots With Ranch Dipping Sauce by Shea Cope
- Dinner: Beluga Black Lentils and Red Quinoa by Julie Zimmer
- Dessert: Double Chocolate Tofu Donuts by George Lee
Source: Peppered Tofu Steaks
It’s the second day of the week and if you’re looking for filling and fiber-packed meals, look no further than these delicious meals! This day begins with a twist on eggs benedict; this version uses tofu instead! Enjoy these hearty Peppered Tofu Steaks for dinner that will be the center of your meal. Of course, these walnut and fig slices are perfect to end your day on a sweet note.
- Breakfast: Grilled Asparagus and Smoked Tofu Benedict by Rebekah Waters
- Lunch: Jerk Lentils With Coconut Rice and Fried Banana by Jenny Connelly
- Dinner: Peppered Tofu Steaks by VBQ: The Ultimate Vegan Barbecue Cookbook, Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer
- Dessert: Walnut and Fig Slices by Maja Brekalo
Happy Wednesday! If you’re looking for another day of deliciously filling meals, these are it! Start your day with these overnight oats to power you through your morning. End the day with a wonderful carrot cake!
- Breakfast: Vanilla Overnight Oats and Maple Spiced Pears by Shanika Graham-White
- Lunch: Burrito Recipe with Lentils by Mireille Aikman
- Dinner: Broccoli, Green Bean, and Tofu Stir-fry by The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook, Jenn Sebestyen
- Dessert: Classic Carrot Cake by Helyn Dunn
Source: Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops
It’s nearly the end of the week! Start your Thursday with this twist on tofu scramble: this antipasto scrambled tofu! This meal is packed full of fiber, too. End the day with a simple lentil and vegetable dish, and for dessert, a wonderful dipped banana pop!
- Breakfast: Antipasto Scrambled Tofu by Katie Culpin and Josh Bailey
- Lunch: Baked Broccoli Burgers by Nikki Haney
- Dinner: Smashed Lentils with Grilled Vegetables by Elsa Brobbey
- Dessert: Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops by Kris Dee | Mostly Domestic
Source: Funfetti Cake Cauliflower Proats
Happy Friday! End your week on this delicious note with these filling meals! Start your Friday with these amazing funfetti cake oats, which have cauliflower hidden in them. For dinner, enjoy a great meal of crispy tofu strips, and don’t forget dessert! Your weekend will be off to a wonderful start with these chocolate peanut butter and banana bars!
- Breakfast: Funfetti Cake Cauliflower Proats by Tara Sunshine
- Lunch: Apple Broccoli Salad with Creamy “Honey” Dressing by Katia Martin
- Dinner: Crispy Tofu Strips by Planted and Picked
- Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Bars by Angelina Papanikolaou
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!