These nutritious-and-delicious Funfetti Cake Cauliflower Proats are the perfect way to start your day. The cauliflower is optional, but if you haven’t tried it in oats, it’s worth a shot. You get a great chew and lots of nutrients and your brekkie still tastes like cake, NOT cauliflower!
Funfetti Cake Cauliflower Proats [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1/3 cup cauliflower rice (optional, see note below*)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract, adjusted to taste
- monk fruit sweetener or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
- optional toppings: sprinkles, white chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut and/or coconut chips, granola, nut butter, chia jam, or toppings of choice
- Put oats, protein powder, chia seeds, and salt in a bowl or single-serving mason jar and stir to combine.
- Add non-dairy milk, cauliflower rice, cashew butter, and almond extract, and mix until well incorporated. Sweeten to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours. Stir and add additional milk as needed for desired consistency.