A veggie burger packed full of flavor and topped with homemade tahini sauce. In addition to being delicious, these Baked Broccoli Burgers are an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, as well as iron, calcium, magnesium and beta-carotene.
Baked Broccoli Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Broccoli Burgers [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
How to Prepare Baked Broccoli Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small pot, bring the water and couscous to a boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and allow the couscous to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, soaking up the water.
- While the couscous sits, steam the broccoli in a steamer for 5-7 minutes (or use a microwave or stove method, you just want the broccoli to be soft in the end).
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and scallions, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Remove the onions from the heat and stir in the cumin.
- Gather your couscous, broccoli, onion mix, chickpeas, and tahini and combine together in a food processor.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs.
- Form it into patties and place the patties on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning the patties over halfway through. You'll know they are done when the tops begin to brown.
- To make the tahini sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined, roughly 30 seconds.
- Top your burgers with the sauce, throw some pickles, tomato, and lettuce on top, and serve.
To enjoy the burgers hot off the grill, first bake them in the oven, then move to the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1106 | Total Carbs: 186 g | Total Fat: 61 g | Total Protein: 53 g | Total Sodium: 3317 g | Total Sugar: 8 g Per Serving: Calories: 277 | Carbs: 47 g | Fat: 15 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 829 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.