The perfect treat for even the pickiest eater! These frozen chocolate-covered banana pops are made extra fun with candy sprinkles!
Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops [Vegan]
- 3 large bananas - ripe but firm
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles
- 6 craft sticks
How to Prepare Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops [Vegan]
- Prep a large plate or baking tray with wax paper. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and cut in half. For aesthetic purposes you can also remove the pointed tops and bottoms of the bananas, to create a more traditional popsicle shape (and to prevent your pre-teen boy from laughing hysterically when he sees them).
- Insert a craft stick into each, careful not to poke through. Place on the prepared plate or tray, cover with plastic wrap, and put them in the freezer for 1 hour.
- In a double broiler, combine chocolate and coconut oil. Melt over low heat. Stir frequently. Pour into a medium-sized drinking glass.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer. Carefully dip each frozen banana into the cup of melted chocolate. Turn to coat, and VERY quickly sprinkle with candy. Place back onto the prepared tray. Repeat until complete.
- Return to freezer and wait 2 hours before serving. If not consuming immediately, transfer to air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Look for large, firm bananas. You don't want them to be under-ripe, as they won't give you that velvety ice cream texture. Too ripe with have too strong of a flavor and distract from the overall goodness. Something perfectly in the middle is what you want. - Semi-sweet or even vegan white chocolate would be terrific for this recipe!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.