Unseasoned tofu never draws people over to the barbecue—that’s a fact. However, nobody can resist our delicious, peppery marinated tofu steaks—that’s a promise.
Peppered Tofu Steaks [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peppered Tofu Steaks [Vegan]
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pink pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 14 ounces frozen and thawed tofu
How to Prepare Peppered Tofu Steaks [Vegan]
- For the marinade, mince the garlic and mix with the remaining ingredients, except the tofu, until smooth.
- Cut the tofu into slices 0.78 inches thick, add them to the marinade and leave for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Oil the grill and sear the tofu steaks over direct heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, then finish cooking them over indirect heat with the lid closed for another 3 minutes. Baste often with the leftover marinade.
You can achieve attractive char marks if you sear the steaks on a cast-iron grill. Use a thin stainless steel spatula to turn them over.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.