Made with lentils, beans, and spices, this may well be the best vegan chili you ever tasted inside a burrito! If you have a slow cooker you can use it for this recipe.
Burrito Recipe with Lentils [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Burrito Recipe with Lentils [Vegan]
- 2 soft tortilla wraps
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup kidney
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno sliced
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup of water (more if required)
- 2 cups of cooked Basmati rice
- 2 cups of green beans
How to Prepare Burrito Recipe with Lentils [Vegan]
- Heat olive oil and pan-fry bell peppers, onion, and garlic
- Add kidney beans and lentils. Then add the tomato sauce
- Stir the vegetable stock cube in the chili before adding water
- Then add all the sliced jalapeno and spices to the chili stew
- Preheat oven at 470°F and put the pan in the oven for 65-70 minutes
- Cook the basmati and green beans in 15 minutes
- Now take a tortilla wrap then add rice, green beans, and bean chili. Fold into a burrito.
- Ready to serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.