‘Tis the season for Thanksgiving leftovers! Although Thanksgiving might be a bit smaller this year, you still might be coming home with leftovers, or even extra food to enjoy during the week. Leftovers are a great vessel to create new, exciting meals; you can add put them to a taco or even make a pizza! If you’re looking for what to do with your leftovers, you’ve come to the right place. There’s so much on our site about leftovers and how to use them, so check out these links for some meal prep ideas, creative repurposing inspiration, and tips!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives for all your weekly meal plan needs!
These general leftovers are those that focus solely on using your specific Thanksgiving recipes to create another dish! For instance, you can take any of your Thanksgiving leftovers and put them into a taco and have it for lunch or dinner! YOu can also create a sandwich with them all and use Leftover Rice Bread by Namita Tiwari as the bread. You can even used leftover potatoes and put a spin on these Holiday Poutine Fries by Alexandra and Eian. There are so many different ways to enjoy your leftovers!
- Holiday Leftover Tart by Shea Cope
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Tacos With Cranberry Salsa by Annessia Maillet & Beth DeCarlo.
- Leftover Rice Bread by Namita Tiwari
- Holiday Poutine Fries by Alexandra and Eian
- Thanksgiving Inspired Rice by Back to the Cutting Board by Christina Pirello
Source: Baked Mashed Potato Balls
The best way to reuse potatoes is by adding them to another of your favorite dishes! You can even get creative with them; you can use them on top of shepherd’s pie, or even make these Baked Mashed Potato Balls by Nichole Harju!
- Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie by Kat Condon
- Sweet Potato Apple Pie Ice Cream by Annie Oliverio
- Loaded Cheesy Baked Potato Bites by Shea Cope
- Baked Mashed Potato Balls by Nichole Harju
- Spicy Bean Chili With Leftover Roast Potatoes by Niki Webster
Source: Green Bean Casserole Pizza
Roasted vegetable might seem like a boring leftover, but you can make them into a whole new dish! Try out using them in this Roasted Vegetable Rainbow Hummus from Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez or even create a Green Bean Casserole Pizza!
- Roasted Vegetable Rainbow Hummus from Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez.
- Fall Harvest Collard Green Rolls by Denisse Salinas
- Roasted Carrot Hummus with Turmeric by
- Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish from Nikki and Zuzana
- Green Bean Casserole Pizza by Natalie Slater
Source: Lentil Pot Pie with Biscuits
Lentils are a great leftover because they are so versitle. You can use them to make meatballs or you can even add leftover lentils to rice and have that be your meal! You can use them in sloppy joes, as well; don’t be afraid to get creative with your creations!
- BBQ Lentil Meatballs from Gina Hoskins
- Lentil Pot Pie with Biscuits by Caroline Doucet
- Roasted Root Veggies & Kale over Black Lentils by Dominique Ebra
- Lentil Sloppy Joes by Robin Coarts and Jules Schnedeker
- Quinoa Lentil Meatballs by Kristen Genton