This healthy protein rich, creamy dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser. After you see how easy and delicious this recipe is, you'll never go back to store-bought hummus! So here’s a dreamy light hummus, golden hued from the carrots and turmeric, flecked with green cilantro (coriander). Spoon it on to a plate or a bowl, make little swirls, pour over some olive oil. You can add some pomegranate arils, toasted sesame, pumpkin seeds, maybe some cooked chickpeas, paprika…really anything you fancy.
Roasted Carrot Hummus with Turmeric [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans, cooked
- 2 Carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cumin/ Jeera
- 4-5 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil plus 1 tablespoon for roasting carrots & garlic
- 1/4 cup water or chickpea cooking liquid plus more if needed
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots. Place on the baking tray with the garlic. Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil on the vegetables and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through. Let them cool.
- Once the vegetables are cooled, add them to the food processor along with the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, turmeric, cumin, olive oil, water ( or chickpea cooking liquid)and salt. Blitz till smooth. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- If the hummus is too thick, add some more liquid. Once your hummus has reached the consistency you prefer, blitz for a couple minutes extra to make it creamier and fluffier.
- Spoon on to a bowl or plate, top with olive oil and serve. Enjoy!