What to do with leftover potatoes? This tasty, hearty, and healthy meal is the answer! A little bit of sweetness and a touch of savory flavor make this spicy chili the perfect go-to meal for cold days.
Spicy Bean Chili With Leftover Roast Potatoes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Bean Chili With Leftover Roast Potatoes [Vegan]
- Leftover roast potatoes For the Paste:
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 organic plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Good pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans organic cannelloni beans
- 1 15-ounce can organic red kidney beans
How to Prepare Spicy Bean Chili With Leftover Roast Potatoes [Vegan]
- Make a paste by adding all the ingredients into a mini chopper or food processor to pulse to a paste.
- Add the paste a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, fry for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat Add in the tomatoes, water, balsamic, maple syrup, tamari, and salt, and simmer for 10 minutes before adding in the beans.
- Simmer for a minimum of 10 minutes – the longer you simmer, the more developed the flavor will become.
- Great with leftover roast potatoes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.