What to do with leftover potatoes? This tasty, hearty, and healthy meal is the answer! A little bit of sweetness and a touch of savory flavor make this spicy chili the perfect go-to meal for cold days.
Spicy Bean Chili With Leftover Roast Potatoes [Vegan]
- Leftover roast potatoes
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 organic plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Good pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans organic cannelloni beans
- 1 15-ounce can organic red kidney beans
- Make a paste by adding all the ingredients into a mini chopper or food processor to pulse to a paste.
- Add the paste a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, fry for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat Add in the tomatoes, water, balsamic, maple syrup, tamari, and salt, and simmer for 10 minutes before adding in the beans.
- Simmer for a minimum of 10 minutes – the longer you simmer, the more developed the flavor will become.
- Great with leftover roast potatoes.