Along with Thanksgiving and Christmas, Easter is one of the most planned-for holidays. Families and friends gather together to celebrate, and part of that celebration is a big dinner. Even though this year’s celebration will likely be a bit smaller, with more virtual attendees, you can still cook a fabulous dinner for yourself and those you live with.
Easter falls in spring and with spring comes an abundance of beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables that have just come back into season.
If you need recipe ideas, check out Gather Friends and Family Around the Easter Table With These Celebratory Vegan Dishes for a bunch of beautiful and delicious ideas. Don’t forget the side dishes! Here are 10 Side Dishes That Make Great Easter Dinners Complete. For such a special occasion, we want to cover the dinner table with impressive dishes that are just as special, so here are 20 beautiful dishes from the Food Monster App for your special Easter dinner.
1. Italian Yellow Flat Beans With Olive Oil, Garlic, and Tomatoes
The colors in Dina Honke‘s recipe for Italian Yellow Flat Beans With Olive Oil, Garlic, and Tomatoes are perfect for springtime. Flat beans, also known as wax beans, are cooked with the simple flavors of olive oil, garlic, and fresh heirloom tomatoes. The beans are tender and delicious, and they make a beautiful Easter side dish.
2. Parmesan Roasted Potato Salad
Source: Parmesan Roasted Potato Salad
You might normally associate potato salad with casual picnics and cookouts, but Stephanie McKinnie‘s Parmesan Roasted Potato Salad elevates the classic side into a beautiful dish. Potatoes, red onions, cabbage, bell peppers, and chives are tossed in a toasted walnut caper vinaigrette. It’s such a colorful dish, it looks like an Easter basket, but with potatoes instead of candy eggs.
3. Braised Cauliflower With Chickpeas, Tomato, and Kale
Steph McKercher‘s Braised Cauliflower With Chickpeas, Tomato, and Kale is a lovely dish for a family dinner. Whole cauliflower is braised until tender in a mixture of tomatoes, chickpeas, and kale. This one-pot meal is light on seasoning, yet it is savory, a little cheesy, and satisfying. This meal is an ideal holiday dinner, especially when followed up with a refreshing dessert.
4. Tomato and Lentils Over Pasta
Source: Tomato and Lentils Over Pasta
Shira McDermott‘s Tomato and Lentils Over Pasta dish is the perfect Easter dinner. It’s full-flavored, yet incredibly easy to make. Freshly cooked lentils are tossed in a mixture of mustard and onion with fresh cherry tomatoes and served on a bed of warm pasta. Top this hearty dish with chopped, fresh herbs and a sprinkle of almond parmesan.
5. Raw Breaded Eggplant Meatballs With Marinara Sauce
Serve spaghetti and meatballs without cooking! Lena Ksanti‘s Raw Breaded Eggplant Meatballs With Marinara Sauce are savory and delicious. Eggplants are blended with fresh basil and other ingredients, then coated in crunchy almond “breading,” and finally, dehydrated until they reach a meaty texture. These raw eggplant meatballs pair perfectly with the accompanying marinara sauce when served on a bed of zucchini noodles.
6. Seitan Steak in Beurre Blanc Sauce
When it comes to holiday dinners, you want to be sure that you’re providing a meal that’ll please everyone. Well, this Seitan Steak in Beuerre Blanc Sauce by Rhea Parsons will leave vegans and meat-eaters alike craving for more! The beurre blanc sauce that’s ladled over the “steak” is made from a combination of fresh parsley and fennel fronds. And the fries are oven-baked to crispy perfection. Parboiling them before baking helps them get that crisp texture we all want from fries.
7. Portobello Mushroom Steaks
Source: Portobello Mushroom Steaks
Kathleen Henry‘s juicy Portobello Mushroom Steaks will satisfy your cravings and fill you up. Sautéed with onions, balsamic vinegar, mirin, and herbs, it’s savory and delicious. Serve these portobello mushroom steaks with a soup and salad for a complete meal. This is the perfect choice for an Easter dinner for two, or you can double or triple the recipe if you’re looking to serve more guests.
8. Mini Stuffed Seitan Roasts With Instant Mushroom Gravy
If you want a roast on your Easter table, make it these Mini Stuffed Seitan Roasts With Instant Mushroom Gravy by Anja Cass. These are the easiest homemade roasts you’ll ever make. The savory bread stuffing in this recipe requires no pre-cooking at all, nor does the gravy, which takes only a minute of your time. Once everything is prepped, you just pop it in the oven and let the magic happen.
9. Quinoa and Portobello Mushroom Stacks With a Red Pepper Coulis
This dish of Quinoa and Portobello Mushroom Stacks With a Red Pepper Coulis by Maggie Jones was made to impress. The zesty marinated Portobello and fresh-tasting spinach have such flavor and substance that it’s likely there’ll be no leftovers once your meal has ended. The roasted red pepper coulis is a sweet, creamy sauce that ties together all the flavors of the dish.
10. Mashed Potato Casserole With Broccoli and a Cauliflower Gravy
Jennifer Harmon‘s Mashed Potato Casserole With Broccoli and Cauliflower Gravy looks as fresh and green as a pasture where lambs frolic. There’s a layer of mashed potatoes and white beans, then a layer of cauliflower mushroom gravy, then a final layer of minced broccoli. This ultimate comfort food of a casserole is creamy, dreamy, and a must-make for Easter dinner.
11. Cauliflower Steak With Pesto and Almond Cornmeal Crumbs
Selva Wohlgemuth‘s Cauliflower Steak With Pesto and Almond Cornmeal Crumbs is a delight to the senses. The steaks are crispy, yet tender, and topped with a freshly made basil pesto and a crunchy, toasted almond, and cornmeal crumble. Serve this crowd-pleasing entrée on a bed of fresh spinach with fresh tomatoes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
12. Roasted Vegetable Loaf With a Balsamic Glaze
This hearty Roasted Vegetable Loaf With a Balsamic Glaze by Dawn Hutchins is pure deliciousness and will please everyone including the meat-and-potato lovers. The loaf is made with lentils and vegetables, and you can see the colorful bits of bell peppers speckled through it. This dish is as savory as it is satisfying. Served with a side of roasted vegetables, it’s the perfect dinner for any gathering.
13. Creamy Polenta With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Spinach
Dora Daily‘s recipe for Creamy Polenta With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Spinach is cheesy, filling, and flavorful. The roasted tomatoes are sweet and tangy, and pair so well with the creamy polenta and dark sautéed greens. Last, but not least, sautéed mushrooms add a delicious savory flavor and meaty texture. This is a beautiful dish for Easter dinner.
14. Crispy Breaded Chickpea Cutlets in a Savory Mushroom Gravy
These Crispy Breaded Chickpea Cutlets in a Savory Mushroom Gravy by Amy Lyons will wow your guests. Chickpeas have the perfect flavor and texture for making cutlets, and the breading is gluten-free. Topped with savory mushroom gravy and served with fresh greens, potatoes, or veggies, this is a lovely dish to present at dinner.
15. Vegetable Casserole With Creamy Sauce and Crunchy Macadamia Topping
Florian Nouh‘s Vegetable Casserole With Creamy Sauce and Crunchy Macadamia Topping will feed a crowd. It’s full of fresh vegetables that are blanketed in a simple, savory sauce, and then topped with a crunchy macadamia-breadcrumb topping that browns in the oven. This casserole is the perfect meal for a family holiday dinner!
16. Cauliflower Pot Roast
Source: Cauliflower Pot Roast
Roasted cauliflower is one of the most delicious foods on the planet, and the presentation in this Cauliflower Pot Roast by the Cruelty Free Family makes it fancy enough to serve on any occasion. The accompanying gravy is packed with lentils, cashews, and nutritional yeast — and plenty of flavors. Smother your roasted veggies and potatoes in this gravy, and you’ve got yourself a complete meal!
17. Avocatta Lasagna Rolls
Source: Avocatta Lasagna Rolls
Lee Khatchadourian-Reese‘s Avocatta Lasagna Rolls will please the palate of anybody who loves Italian food! What’s avocatta? Instead of your typical cashew-tofu ricotta, these lasagna rolls are filled with a blend of everyone’s favorite stone fruit, avocado, fresh spinach and tomatoes, and dried herbs. The result is as good as it sounds.
18. Baked Eggplant Stacks With Cashew Cream
Put a twist on the classic Italian dish with Jennifer Strohmeyer‘s Baked Eggplant Stacks With Cashew Cream. Baked eggplant is layered with homemade cashew ricotta, balsamic-infused baby spinach, and marinara sauce. This recipe is perfect for a special dinner when the presentation really counts.
19. Healthy Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta
Who says pasta has to be boring? This amazing Healthy Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta dish by Michele Elizabeth has a bright green pop from the walnut and spinach pesto and a flash of vibrant red from the cherry tomato topping. With the verdant green color, this looks like springtime on a plate.
20. Pan-Fried Tofu Steaks With Coriander Cream and Asparagus
Asparagus is back in season, and they are a perfect side to Rebecca Weller‘s Pan-Fried Tofu Steaks With Coriander Cream. The tofu steaks are spicy with red chili, and the fresh coriander cream cools things down with a tang. Serve with greens and asparagus for a dish that could be on any fancy restaurant menu.
Nothing is as special as family and friends gathering around a table in celebration. Your dishes need to be just as special, and these recipes will turn your dinner table into a beautiful holiday feast.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.