This hearty Roasted Vegetable Loaf is full of lentils and vegetables. It’s pure deliciousness! Speckled with colorful bits of bell peppers, it's as savory as it is satisfying. Served with a side of plenty of roasted vegetables, it's the perfect dinner for any gathering.
Roasted Vegetable Loaf With a Balsamic Glaze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Vegetable Loaf With a Balsamic Glaze [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed to a paste with coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 flax egg, lightly beaten (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
How to Prepare Roasted Vegetable Loaf With a Balsamic Glaze [Vegan]
- Add lentils, onion, garlic and broth to a stock pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, garlic paste, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are almost soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the flax egg and fresh herbs in a large bowl. Add the lentils, breadcrumb, vegan cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and the cooled vegetables; mix until just combined.
- Gently press the mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a small bowl; brush the mixture over the entire loaf. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.