This hearty Roasted Vegetable Loaf is full of lentils and vegetables. It’s pure deliciousness! Speckled with colorful bits of bell peppers, it's as savory as it is satisfying. Served with a side of plenty of roasted vegetables, it's the perfect dinner for any gathering.
Roasted Vegetable Loaf With a Balsamic Glaze [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed to a paste with coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 flax egg, lightly beaten (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Add lentils, onion, garlic and broth to a stock pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, garlic paste, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are almost soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the flax egg and fresh herbs in a large bowl. Add the lentils, breadcrumb, vegan cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and the cooled vegetables; mix until just combined.
- Gently press the mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a small bowl; brush the mixture over the entire loaf. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This looks great, but is the calorie count correct? 2,916 seems quite high!