This recipe for creamy, cheesy polenta is both filling and flavorful. The roasted tomatoes are sweet and tangy, and pair so well with the creamy polenta and dark sautéed greens. Last, but not least, sautéed mushrooms add a delicious savory flavor and meaty texture. This is definitely a comfort food!
Creamy Polenta With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Spinach [Vegan]
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- Place tomatoes in a baking pan or cast-iron pan and bake for about 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Place garlic, spinach, corn, and mushrooms in a sauté pan over low heat with a few tablespoons water. Sauté until mushrooms begin to soften and spinach wilts.
- Place 3 cups water in a medium-sized pot over high heat. Heat until boiling, then turn to low.
- Pour cornmeal into water slowly while whisking to incorporate. Polenta will thicken. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in nutritional yeast, vegan butter, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- If polenta is too thick, just add a little more water and stir.
- Top bowls of polenta with sautéed vegetables and roasted tomatoes.