This soup is so simple to make and stores well in the refrigerator for up to a week. A nice hint of curry flavor matched with a good drizzle of pure maple syrup makes you ready to enjoy the fall season!
Curry Maple Sweet Potato Soup [Vegan]
- 1 cubed Sweet Potato (steamed or baked)
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 tsp EV Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1-2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2-3 minced Garlic
- 2 small Bay Leaves
- approx. 3 tsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 pinch Nutmeg Powder
- drizzle of pure Maple Syrup
- Salt to taste
- Water (soup consistency)
- Sauté onions, garlic and bay leaves in olive oil. Once onions are transparent add cumin seeds, curry powder, pumpkin seeds and steamed sweet potatoes. Sauté for few more mins to incorporate all the seasonings into the yams.
- Blend this to a soup consistency adding water as needed.
- Then simmer for few more minutes adding a pinch of nutmeg and salt per taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle your favorite kind pure maple syrup…SUPER YUM!!