Avocado lasagna rolls. This may sound strange, but these are seriously so delicious. It's a way more fun way to eat vegan lasagna and the avocado is a surprisingly great substitute for cheese. I swear I woke up in the middle of the night recently and thought "Avocatta". The next day I went online to see if there was any semblance of such a thing but did not find much. As I thought more about what this concoction could be I started to visualize a lasagna roll up but instead of the traditional ricotta to fill in with avocado. Success! These avocado lasagna rolls are really easy to throw together, flavorful, and filling. You have to try them! They're the perfect plant based version of rolled up lasagna that the whole family will love.
Avocatta Lasagna Rolls [Vegan]
- 5 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (if using fresh, increase the amount)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup or more marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the filling by combining the avocado, vegan parmesan, garlic powder, basil, spinach, parsley, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Mash until well combined but not totally smooth.
- Prepare a baking dish by covering the bottom with some of the marinara sauce.
- Lay one lasagna noodle on a flat surface and spread some of the mixture on its entire length. Roll the noodle into a cylinder and place it upright in the dish prepared with the marinara. Repeat with all remaining noodles.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Drizzle with extra marinara and garnish with fresh parsley if desired.