Who says pasta has to be boring? This amazing pasta dish has a bright green pop from the walnut and spinach pesto and a flash of vibrant red from the cherry tomato topping. Have fun with this one – but most importantly, enjoy!
Healthy Spinach and Walnut Pesto Pasta [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 2 packed cups of spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, plus more to taste
For the Pasta:
- 8 ounces gluten-free fusilli pasta
- 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
To Make the Pesto:
- Place everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.
To Make the Pasta:
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Slice tomatoes and chop onions and fry in a skillet on medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Pour pasta in a bowl, mix in pesto, top with sautéed tomatoes, and onions.