Almond cookies are comforting treat that are perfect for any occasion. You can top them with jam, powdered sugar, fudge, or whatever other toppings you desire. They are super versatile and a great dessert option for when you have a lot of almond flour in your pantry. The nutty almond taste makes your cookies a little more interesting and fun than a plain old chocolate chip or sugar cookie. They’re also great because many almond cookie recipes are also gluten-free. Give these almond cookie recipes a try next time you are craving something sweet and cozy. You won’t be disappointed!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. German Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies
These classic German cookies are a breeze to make and a treat to eat! You’ll never want another cookie recipe again after tasting these awesome German Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies by Aryane Héroux-Blais.
2. Almond Cookies with Chia Seed Jam
3. Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
4. Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Source: Almond Thumbprint Cookies
5. Chocolate Almond Cookies With Fudgy Frosting
Have you ever wondered what to do with your leftover almond pulp? Try these Chocolate Almond Cookies With Fudgy Frosting by Emily von Euw! Topped with a fudgy frosting, these chocolate almond cookies are soft, sweet, and so delicious! They’re also the perfect soy, dairy, and gluten-free vegan dessert! Everyone knows that chocolate and almonds are a match made in heaven. So, maybe this will be your new favorite vegan cookie recipe! Make sure to save some of your homemade almond milk for dunking!
6. Almond Shortbread Butterscotch Cookies
Buttery shortbread cookies that are crispy on the outside with a delicious chewy center filled with thick and rich butterscotch frosting. Best of all, they’re all vegan and gluten-free! These Almond Shortbread Butterscotch Cookies by Karen Kitto are what some would call a freezer cookie. The simple mix is made up then either refrigerated or frozen, you can then slice it into little disc-shaped cookies and bake to perfection.
7. Blackberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
8. Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
9. 5 Ingredient Mini Vanilla Almond Cookies
These 5 Ingredient Mini Vanilla Almond Cookies by Medha Swaminathan can be made with only five ingredients and are vegan and gluten-free! They’re perfect for when you want a delicious sweet snack on a budget.
10. Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies
Source: Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies
These Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies by Taavi Moore will take you back to the good ol’ days of getting decadent chocolate coffee ice cream studded with chunks of almonds and chocolate brownie chunks. Now you get to have this delicious frozen treat, but in healthy cookie form…it’s revolutionary. A rich chocolate cookie with hints of coffee. Gooey chocolate chunks and chunks of almond. 100% gluten-free and vegan. Serve these Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies at a party. They’ll impress your guests and disappear fast. Chocolatey, fudgy, chewy, gooey…do you need any more convincing?
11. Almond and Pear Thumbprint Cookies
These sweet, cinnamony Almond and Pear Thumbprint Cookies by Renee Press are a snap to make, and healthy too. They’re filled with all the goodness of almonds and have a sweetened pear jam dolloped on top. They make a lovely on-the-go breakfast treat, are perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon, and would make a great after school (or work) snack with some cold almond milk.
12. Almond Cookie Sandwiches
Source: Almond Cookie Sandwiches
These are Almond Cookie Sandwiches, with a Almond Caramel filling, covered with chocolate. These Vegan Cookies are gluten free, refined sugar free. We start with these Vegan Almond Tea Cookies. Which are super easy to make, and incredibly delicious! They are just perfect on their own, but really work like magic for these Almond Cookie Sandwiches by Camila Hurst too. After you make your Vegan Tea Cookies, simply fill them with some of the almond caramel filling and refrigerate the cookie sandwiches for a bit.
13. Easy Almond Tahini Cookies
Source: Easy Almond Tahini Cookies
Imagine your perfect chewy cookies – they are deliciously sweet, soft and have a rich chocolate crunch. They don’t ask for a big hassle in the kitchen. Only 15 minutes and they’re done – freshly baked and sitting on your kitchen’s table. And a big side benefit? These Easy Almond Tahini Cookies by Laine Rudolfa are vegan, gluten-free and are made from wholesome ingredients.
14. Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie
Easy vegan and grain-free skillet cookie made with almond butter, almond flour, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and paleo chocolate chips. You just need 6 ingredients, a small caste iron skillet, and a love for gooey cookies. Almond butter keeps the recipe oil-free, while almond flour keeps things grain and gluten-free. This deep dish cookie is lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and plenty of paleo chocolate chunks! Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie by Lauren Kirchmaier as a decadent dessert that is whole foods based. Fudgy and moist, it’s perfect for satisfying a sweet-tooth!
15. Cinnamon Almond Cookies
Source: Cinnamon Almond Cookies
These Cinnamon Almond Cookies by Julie Zimmer are made with almond flour, almond meal, rolled oats, granulated sugar cane and unsweetened apple sauce. These little gems are easy to make and delicious.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.