These classic German cookies are a breeze to make and a treat to eat! You'll never want another cookie recipe again after tasting these awesome German Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies.
German Vanilla Almond Crescent Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 packed cup finely ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, cold and cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- powder sugar to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add the vanilla and the cold cubed butter and combine using a dough scraper (or two butter knives).
- Once the butter is distributed and coated with the flour (see pictures), process with your hands. If the mix is too dry, add up to 2 tablespoons of plant milk. Work with your hands until you're able to form a rough ball. Try not to overwork it.
- Divide into two and shape two rolls. Place them at the opposite ends of a parchment paper a wrap each one towards the center where they'll meet. Fold the ends of the paper underneath and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once the dough cold and hard, take one roll out at a time. Cut into 12 to 15 equal pieces, roll each between your ends to form a smaller roll with smaller ends and form a crescent. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F, it must be fully preheated before baking the cookies 12 to 15 minutes, depending on their size, until their ends are a bit golden.
- Let cool 1 minute before dusting generously with powdered sugar.