These cookies make a wonderful dessert or snack and are perfect to enjoy with family and friends!
Almond Cookies with Chia Seed Jam [Vegan]
- 170g almond flour
- 2.5 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy milk or another vegetable milk
- 1/8 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- jam to taste
- Turn the oven on 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add coconut oil, milk and brown rice syrup. Mix everything very well.
- Cover the container with film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make small balls and arrange them in the pan. With your thumb open a small concavity in the center.
- Fill it with the jam you have chosen.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven but leave cookies in tray for 5 minutes, then place in a net to cool.
- Store them in a sealed container.
- These cookies tend to get softer over time as the almond starts to absorb moisture from the jam, but for me they get even better!