Have you ever wondered what to do with your leftover almond pulp? Try these vegan chocolate cookies! Topped with a fudgy frosting, these chocolate almond cookies are soft, sweet, and so delicious! They're also the perfect soy, dairy, and gluten-free vegan dessert! Everyone knows that chocolate and almonds are a match made in heaven. So, maybe this will be your new favorite vegan cookie recipe! Make sure to save some of your homemade almond milk for dunking!
Chocolate Almond Cookies With Fudgy Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Almond Cookies With Fudgy Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup almond pulp (or 1 1/2 cups almonds)
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates
- 1 heaping tablespoon maca powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
For the Frosting:
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
How to Prepare Chocolate Almond Cookies With Fudgy Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Cookies:
- Throw all the ingredients in your food processor and process until it all sticks together.
- Form into balls and press into cookies on a baking or dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate for 2-4 hours, or "bake" at the lowest temperature in your oven, until they hold together. Alternatively, you can leave them as is and put them in the refrigerator.
To Make the Frosting:
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Frost your cookies.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.