Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Making homemade almond butter is super easy and you can be sure you’ll always have some on hand when you need it. And, you can take an optional step to make it even more nutritious by soaking the almonds ahead of time. Soaking the almonds neutralizes the enzyme inhibitors and increases beneficial enzymes. You don’t really know if this step has been taken when you buy store-bought almond butter, so when you make it yourself, you know it’s as nutritious as possible.
How To Make Homemade Almond Butter
Ingredients You Need for How To Make Homemade Almond Butter
- 3 cups organic raw almonds (soaked overnight and dehydrated)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
How to Prepare How To Make Homemade Almond Butter
To Soak the Almonds:
- Soak almonds overnight in purified/distilled water with a generous sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt.
- In the morning, rinse the almonds and dehydrate for 24 hours or until completely dry.
To Make the Almond Butter:
- Put the almonds and coconut oil into a food processor and process until completely smooth and creamy.
- It will go through different stages (flour, ball-shaped, smooth) but stop periodically and scrape the sides each time until it becomes creamy.
- Store in an air-tight glass container.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2640 | Total Carbs: 48 g | Total Fat: 229 g | Total Protein: 96 g | Total Sodium: 0 g | Total Sugar: 24 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.