Easy vegan and grain-free skillet cookie made with almond butter, almond flour, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and paleo chocolate chips. You just need 6 ingredients, a small caste iron skillet, and a love for gooey cookies. Almond butter keeps the recipe oil-free, while almond flour keeps things grain and gluten-free. This deep dish cookie is lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and plenty of paleo chocolate chunks! Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie as a decadent dessert that is whole foods based. Fudgy and moist, it's perfect for satisfying a sweet-tooth!
Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons filtered water)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (almond butter works well)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 4 ounces Hu Kitchen Gems
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a small 6″ cast iron skillet with oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix up your flax egg and allow to sit and gel for 5 minutes. Add in the almond butter and coconut sugar and mix well.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and Himalayan sea salt and stir together until well combined. Fold in chocolate gems.
- Transfer cookie dough into the grease skillet, smoothing out into an even layer. Top with more chocolate gems, pressing them slightly into dough.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are slightly browned and the center is firm to the touch.
- Allow skillet cookie to cool for 10 minutes before topping with favorite dairy-free ice cream.