Easy vegan and grain-free skillet cookie made with almond butter, almond flour, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and paleo chocolate chips. You just need 6 ingredients, a small caste iron skillet, and a love for gooey cookies. Almond butter keeps the recipe oil-free, while almond flour keeps things grain and gluten-free. This deep dish cookie is lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and plenty of paleo chocolate chunks! Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie as a decadent dessert that is whole foods based. Fudgy and moist, it's perfect for satisfying a sweet-tooth!
Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons filtered water)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (almond butter works well)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 4 ounces Hu Kitchen Gems
How to Prepare Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a small 6″ cast iron skillet with oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix up your flax egg and allow to sit and gel for 5 minutes. Add in the almond butter and coconut sugar and mix well.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and Himalayan sea salt and stir together until well combined. Fold in chocolate gems.
- Transfer cookie dough into the grease skillet, smoothing out into an even layer. Top with more chocolate gems, pressing them slightly into dough.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until edges are slightly browned and the center is firm to the touch.
- Allow skillet cookie to cool for 10 minutes before topping with favorite dairy-free ice cream.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.