Imagine your perfect chewy cookies – they are deliciously sweet, soft and have a rich chocolate crunch. They don’t ask for a big hassle in the kitchen. Only 15 minutes and they’re done – freshly baked and sitting on your kitchen’s table. And a big side benefit? They’re vegan, gluten-free and are made from wholesome ingredients.
Easy Almond Tahini Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional but so delicious!)
- 1 tablespoon water (only if necessary for the consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla powder
- A pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a bowl, place the dry ingredients – almond flour, cacao nibs, vanilla powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl (or in a blender), mix the date paste and tahini. Then add the date-tahini mixture to the dry ingredients and using your hands combine them until a rough dough forms (see in the photos above). If it feels too dry and doesn’t come together, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Using your hands, take about 1 tablespoon of the dough and shape it into a disk and place on a baking sheet lined with a baking paper. The cookies won’t spread much so you don’t have to leave a lot of space between them. Flatten with a fork one way to create a pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden. Let them cool in room temperature and enjoy with a cup of warm tea or macaccino.