These easy Blackberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are simple, delicious, and made with only five healthy ingredients! Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and vegan!
Blackberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxmeal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup blackberry chia jam (recipe below), or jam of choice
- 1/4 cup drippy almond butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the flax egg by mixing flaxmeal with 3 tablespoons water. Let sit in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Once set, remove bowl from refrigerator and add almond flour, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil. Mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball of dough slightly with your hands. Use thumb or back of a wooden spoon to make a small indentation in the middle of each cookie. Fill each cookie with ½ tsp jam.
- Bake 10-11 minutes.
- Cool on cookie rack. Drizzle with almond butter and enjoy!