If you've ever wanted a great cookie without using dairy, eggs, or wheat, this is it. These are chewy, delicious, and really easy to make.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (be sure your brand is gluten-free and vegan if necessary)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Cream together the coconut oil and sugars in the bowl of stand mixer or large bowl.
- Scrape sides of bowl and add the coconut cream; beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, soda, salt, and starch.
- Add flour one cup at a time and beat after each addition. Stir in chocolate until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and roll dough into balls, about 1-inch in diameter, and place about an inch apart on baking sheet. Press the cookie dough balls down slightly and place the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Remove and cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy.