This paleo pumpkin spice bread is a great way for everyone to enjoy pumpkin during the holidays. Great for breakfast, lunch, or a snack, it is made from coconut flour and almond meal, pumpkin purée, and sweetened naturally with applesauce. Try it warm with vegan butter spread on top or try it toasted to add texture!
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch or potato starch
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (optional)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined and spoon batter into three lightly greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until cooked through.