Having unexpected guests for the holiday? Need something fast, easy, and nutritious? Try these cranberry stuffed squash! They’re very easy to prepare, simply slice, fill, bake, and serve. They make a wonderful, elegant presentation, too. Serve them with rice and baked beans for a complete meal.
Roasted Cranberry Stuffed Squash [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 small round squashes
- 1 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons date sugar or other minimally processed sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice the squashes horizontally and, if needed, slice a small bit off of each end so that the halves can stand up.
- Scrape out the seeds and save for roasting or discard.
- Mix the cranberries, raisins, sugar, parsley, and juice in a bowl.
- Fill each squash with the cranberry mixture (divided equally).
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for about 45 minutes until the squashes are tender.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley. Serve.