These vegan breakfast sandwiches will keep you full and focused all morning long! Whether you’re a sweet or savory breakfast person, we’ve got a recipe for you. Between two slices of bread (or croissant or waffle), you’ll find delicious plant-based ingredients such as tempeh, tofu, peanut butter, and fruit. No matter which one you decide to try, you will be satisfied. One of these vegan breakfast sandwiches is going to be the best meal of your day!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Breakfast Sandwich With Tempeh Bacon
A vegan breakfast sandwich loaded with all the goods: creamy avocado, almond butter, sautéed kale, and tempeh bacon, served on a perfectly toasted English muffin. You will love Brittany Mullins‘ Breakfast Sandwich With Tempeh Bacon!
2. Ultimate Veggie Sandwich
Source: Ultimate Veggie Sandwich
This Ultimate Veggie Sandwich by Gina Fontana consists of several layers. You can choose to use regular bread or bagel bread, and add plant-based cream cheese, avocado, sprouts, and all the good green stuff! This sandwich is goals.
3. Epic Vegan French Toast PB&J Sandwich
Taking the ordinary PB&J sandwich to the next level. This Epic Vegan French Toast PB&J Sandwich by Caroline Doucet is made with vegan french toast, stuffed with caramelized bananas, raspberries, granola, peanut butter, and strawberry jam. Make it for a special breakfast or have breakfast for dinner. Either way, it makes for a delicious and satisfying meal.
4. Portobello and Tofu Scramble Sandwich
This warm sandwich is a hearty breakfast option filled with savory goodness. Toasty ciabatta bread is slathered in red pesto, topped with tender Portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and a well-seasoned tofu scramble. A super satisfying and healthy way to start the day or to enjoy on those nights where you’re craving breakfast for dinner. You have to try Annabelle Randles‘ Portobello and Tofu Scramble Sandwich!
5. ‘Sausage’ Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich With Sriracha Maple Aioli
Salty, sweet, saucy, crunchy, hot, chewy – that is what this sandwich has to offer. The Sriracha maple aioli gives this sandwich a spiciness not generally found in breakfast foods, but the maple reigns it into perfection. The breakfast sausage supplies that craveable saltiness and the sweet potato coins add texture to make one amazing first meal of the day! You will be obsessed with this ‘Sausage’ Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich With Sriracha Maple Aioli by Jennifer Harmon!
6. Grilled Zucchini Sandwiches with Spinach Pesto
7. Loaded Breakfast Sandwich
Source: Loaded Breakfast Sandwich
A flavorful breakfast sandwich made with tempeh carrots and a mix of spices. In this Loaded Breakfast Sandwich by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD, the patty is made from tempeh (fermented soybeans), carrots, and a unique mix of herbs and spices. The ingredient list is long but you’re just measuring and tossing everything into a food processor. These patties are both flavorful and filling and you can enjoy them on their own, with a side of breakfast hash or as a sandwich!
8. Peanut Butter Waffle Sandwich
Source: Peanut Butter Waffle Sandwich
9. Breakfast Sandwich With Tofu Egg and Tempeh Sausage
This Breakfast Sandwich With Tofu Egg and Tempeh Sausage by Victoria Rand and Christopher Bill is a veganized version of the classic sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich that puts its original counterpart to shame. The tofu egg is perfectly textured, colored with turmeric, stacked on top of a savory piece of maple syrup-smoked tempeh, and then sandwiched between two homemade English muffins that are fresh out of the oven.
10. Croissants Stuffed With Dill Scrambled Tofu and Chive Aioli
Vegan croissants can be tricky to find in stores or bakeries. Save yourself the search by making a batch of your own! These croissants are far from the plain ones you would find anyway. The dish will leave you full and satisfied because the croissant halves act as the bread in this breakfast sandwich. Enjoy the herbaceous flavor of the scrambled tofu and the creamy, indulgent, oniony chive aioli. You will love these Croissants Stuffed With Dill Scrambled Tofu and Chive Aioli by Plant Tribe!
11. Grilled Fruit Breakfast Sandwich With Chocolate Sauce
You’ve never had a burger like this one. Slices of grilled pineapple, banana, and strawberries are drizzled with caramel and peanut butter and stacked in spelt buns. Sweet, sticky, fruity … this Grilled Fruit Breakfast Sandwich With Chocolate Sauce by Maria Koutsogiannis proves that sometimes the best things in life are unexpected.
12. Fried Plantain French Toast Sandwich
Meet the perfect brunchtime meal: Larice Feuerstein‘s Fried Plantain French Toast Sandwich! In this recipe, ripe plantains are sliced and fried until the edges are sweet and caramelized and sandwiched between two slices of coconut milk French toast. The toast is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, with notes of warm nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve this French toast sandwich with a drizzle of maple syrup and a side of savory hash browns.
13. Smoked Carrot ‘Salmon’ Sandwiches
Vegan smoked salmon made out of carrots over sourdough bread, dill, and cream cheese! This is a twist on the classic that’s better than the original! You have to try True Foods Blog‘s Smoked Carrot ‘Salmon’ Sandwiches!
14. Nut Butter, Avocado, and Jelly Sandwich
Give yourself a creative license to think outside the lunch box! This Nut Butter, Avocado, and Jelly Sandwich by Avocaderia; Alessandro Biggi, Francesco Brachetti, and Alberto Gramigni is stacked four bread slices high to give each nut and fruit layer major props.
15. ‘Eggy’ Breakfast Sandwich With Coconut Bacon
Step into the kitchen and enjoy this ‘Eggy’ Breakfast Sandwich With Coconut Bacon by Christa Clark. These bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich-inspired sammies are loaded to the max with flavor-packed goodness: creamy cashew cheese sauce, crispy coconut bacon, and a chickpea flour patty that tastes eggy. and they hold up nicely so you can take a nice, big bite without it falling apart. These are so filling and will keep you feeling satisfied well into your day. It is also very tasty without the bun, so try throwing it into a breakfast bowl with some sautéed greens.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.