Salty, sweet, saucy, crunchy, hot, chewy – that is what this sandwich has to offer. The Sriracha maple aioli gives this sandwich a spiciness not generally found in breakfast foods, but the maple reigns it in to perfection. The breakfast sausage supplies that cravable saltiness, and the sweet potato coins add texture to make one amazing first meal of the day!
‘Sausage’ Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich With Sriracha Maple Aioli [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for ‘Sausage’ Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich With Sriracha Maple Aioli [Vegan]
- 2 vegan sausage patties
- 2 English muffins
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
How to Prepare ‘Sausage’ Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich With Sriracha Maple Aioli [Vegan]
- Place a medium-large skillet on the stove on medium heat. Warm coconut oil.
- Slice sweet potato into coins. Add to skillet. Cook for about eight minutes on each side until they are softened and cooked through. Be careful not to blacken them. Remove from skillet, place on a plate, set aside.
- Add sausage patties to the same skillet. Should take 6-8 minutes to heat through.
- While patties are cooking, combine aioli ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toast English Muffin.
- Assemble sandwich. Add aioli to both sides of English muffin, add sausage and about three sweet potato coins.
- Dig in!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.