Vegan smoked salmon made out of carrots over sourdough bread, dill, and cream cheese! This is a twist on the classic that's better than the original!
Smoked Carrot ‘Salmon’ Sandwiches [Vegan]
- Start with steam cooking the carrots for around 30 minutes until they have softened. The carrots do not need to be peeled and the time they need to be done depends on their thickness.
- Let them cool down until they are just slightly warm.
- Start peeling the carrots and cut them into differently thick slices.
- Crack the nori sheet into little pieces, you can use a grinder if you have one on hand. Mix the soy sauce, liquid smoke, oil, spices, agave syrup, rice vinegar, and the nori sheet in a bowl.
- Take a reusable container to mix the carrot slices with the marinade mix it and let it marinate for at least one night.
- Layer it up with some vegan cream cheese, dill, and a good old sourdough bread!