We are busy making vegan pumpkin pies at Blossom Bakery for Thanksgiving celebrations, but we wanted to share a recipe you can make at home with your family as well. This creamy version with coconut rum whipped cream will be the hit of your party!
Pumpkin Pie With Coconut Rum Whipped Cream [Vegan]
For the Pie:
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin or one 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups silken tofu (refrigerated)
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 deep dish pie crust (vegan)
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup coconut cream (canned)
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar (I like to use coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rum
- Pinch salt
To Make the Pie:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until silky smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for one hour.
- Remove pie from the oven and let it sit for about 1 hour. Then, transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least five hours before serving.
To Make the Whipped Cream:
- Whip ice-cold coconut cream (just the thick cream, not any liquid) vigorously with a whisk or mix in a food processor until little peaks appear.
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients while continuing to blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Refrigerate immediately and serve cold.