Loaded Breakfast Sandwich [Vegan]
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot approximately 1 small carrot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 100% whole grain English muffins
- avocado slices
- greens (spinach, romaine, kale, etc)
- vegan queso
Place tempeh and carrot in a food processor, blend into crumbs scraping down sides as needed. Add all additional ingredients and blend until combined. Mixture will resemble ground sausage.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Best if refrigerated overnight.
When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
To form into patties, line a 1/3 cup measuring cup with plastic wrap, fill cup half-way full with mixture and press into the bottom of cup. To remove from measuring cup simply lift plastic. Repeat with remaining mixture to form 8 patties.
Place patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for 5 additional minutes, or until firm.
Serve warm. To make sandwiches, use 100% whole grain English Muffins and desired fixings.