Maple syrup on savory foods is one of the best flavor combinations. You can make a marinade, a sauce, or just dip your savory food right in. No matter what, it will be delicious! The simplest ways to enjoy this flavor combo are classic breakfast foods: vegan sausages or vegan chicken and waffles. However, if you’re looking for some delicious dinner foods that feature maple syrup, you’ve come to the right place. These savory maple recipes are super tasty and are perfect for the holidays!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Maple Ginger Tofu
Source: Maple Ginger Tofu
This Maple Ginger Tofu by Bila is a perfect meal to enjoy during the week! Finish off this dish with some veggies and noodles, top it with some sesame seeds, and a squeeze of lime!
2. Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots
Source: Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots
Look at those colors! Angelina Papanikolaou’s Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots are the perfect side dish to share with family and friends this Thanksgiving. Traditional Thanksgiving food may be packed full of flavor, but lacking in color. Tofurkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, everything is just so … beige (well with the exception of cranberry sauce if that’s what you are into). Every Thanksgiving dish needs a pop color. Try sprucing up your plate with roasted brussels sprouts, candied yams, and these Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots! The carrots are coated in a spice mixture consisting of garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and maple syrup. Then roasted until tender and oh so perfect. Rainbow carrots give this such a wonderful fall vibe, but if you can’t find them you can use all orange ones instead. A colorful sweet and spicy side – Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots require only 5 minutes of prep and will be on the table in less than 1 hour.
3. Chickpea Meatloaf and Tomato Maple Glaze
Source: Chickpea Meatloaf and Tomato Maple Glaze
The main components of this vegan Chickpea Meatloaf and Tomato Maple Glaze by Nancy Montuori besides chickpeas are onion, garlic, red pepper, fresh thyme, and fresh parsley. Then, of course, there is the flavor bomb glaze that goes on top. This vegan meatloaf also tastes delicious as a sandwich smeared with the maple glaze.
4. Maple Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas
Source: Maple Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas
The crunch of chickpeas give the impression that the legumes are deep-fried, but they are often dry roasted and dusted with salt and seasonings. Za’atar is a tantalizing blend of tangy sumac, earthy white sesame, and fragrant thyme. Experiment with other spices in this recipe! You will love these Maple Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas by Spice Spice Baby, Kanchan Koya PhD!
5. Maple-Mustard Roasted Carrots and Apples
Source: Maple-Mustard Roasted Carrots and Apples
These Maple-Mustard Roasted Carrots and Apples by Maggie Wescott make a decadent side dish or an entire meal. It’s the perfect recipe to make during fall and holiday gatherings! Apples and carrots are tossed with maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and aquafaba to create an easy and delicious oil-free recipe.
6. Maple and Mustard Glazed Tempeh With Crunchy Pistachios and Scallions
Source: Maple and Mustard Glazed Tempeh With Crunchy Pistachios and Scallions
So here’s the deal, add maple, grainy mustard, and add seasonings; let all that caramelize with some finely minced garlic and shallots. Everything becomes this delicious medley of tangy, sweet, crunchy, and caramelized goodness. You can serve it over mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, and it’s amazing over green beans with some sweet potato wedges or fries like in this recipe. Now without further ado, let’s make this Maple and Mustard Glazed Tempeh With Crunchy Pistachios and Scallions by Kim Sujovolsky!
7. Balsamic Maple Glazed Cauliflower
Source: Balsamic Maple Glazed Cauliflower
This Balsamic Maple Glazed Cauliflower by Kaylee Pauley takes on a wonderful Asian stir-fry flavor without the soy and additives! The batter is made with almond milk, almond meal, and flaxseed, before topping the whole thing with hemp seeds, making the cauliflower completely gluten-free!
8. Grilled Maple Tahini Sweet Potatoes
Source: Grilled Maple Tahini Sweet Potatoes
These Grilled Maple Tahini Sweet Potatoes by Taylor Kiser are soft and tender with caramelized edges and especially delicious when drizzled with a sweet-tart maple tahini dip with a squeeze of lemon juice. Top them with roasted, crushed cumin seeds and serve!
9. Roasted Figs in Maple Wine Sauce
Source: Roasted Figs in Maple Wine Sauce
These Roasted Figs in Maple Wine Sauce by Stephanie McKinnie are so easy and incredibly good! These are great with a Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Albarino or a white Rioja.
10. Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts With Quinoa Risotto
Source: Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts With Quinoa Risotto
Sweet and savory roasted Brussels sprouts served over creamy quinoa risotto makes a quick and easy lunch or dinner, served with a salad! You have to try these Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts With Quinoa Risotto by Rachel Carr!
- 12 Maple-Flavored Vegan Treats to Sweeten Up Your Holiday Season
- Weekly Spotlight: Using Maple Flavor to Create Delicious Fall Dishes!
- 15 Drool-Inducing Maple Desserts That Are All Vegan
- From Leek and Kale Tart to Crunchy Maple Almond Granola: Our Top Eight Vegan Recipes of the Day!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!