This is a perfect meal to enjoy during the week! Finish off this dish with some veggies and noodles, top it with some sesame seeds, and a squeeze of lime!
Maple Ginger Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 package firm tofu (400g)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (plus extra to fry)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ginger (I used a paste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Press the tofu around an hour before cooking to allow all the water to drain- this is an important step to ensure the tofu becomes crispy!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Slice the tofu into small cubes.
- Toss the tofu in the cornstarch to evenly coat all cubes.
- Over a medium heat, heat some coconut oil in a pan then add in the coated tofu, turning a few times until all sides turn golden.
- In a bowl or blender add the maple syrup, coconut oil, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and garlic powder, and mix/blend until smooth.
- Transfer the tofu into a bowl and pour the sauce over it to coat all cubes evenly (don't get rid of the remaining sauce!).
- Transfer the tofu into a baking tray and pour what’s left of the sauce over the cubes.
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until the sauce is bubbling).