Look at those colors! Roasted carrots are the perfect side dish to share with family and friends this Thanksgiving. Traditional Thanksgiving food may be packed full of flavor, but lacking in color. Tofurkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, everything is just so … beige (well with the exception of cranberry sauce if that's what you are into). Every Thanksgiving dish needs a pop color. Try sprucing up your plate with roasted brussels sprouts, candied yams, and these Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots! The carrots are coated in a spice mixture consisting of garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and maple syrup. Then roasted until tender and oh so perfect. Rainbow carrots give this such a wonderful fall vibe, but if you can't find them you can use all orange ones instead. A colorful sweet and spicy side – Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots require only 5 minutes of prep and will be on the table in less than 1 hour.
Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots [Vegan]
- 2 pounds rainbow carrots
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir in vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil.
- Arrange carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle spice/maple syrup mixture over carrots and toss to coat.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until carrots are fork-tender.
- Serve immediately.