A colorful sweet and spicy side – Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots require only 5 minutes of prep and will be on the table in less than 1 hour.
Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots [Vegan]
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir in vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil.
- Arrange carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle spice/maple syrup mixture over carrots and toss to coat.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until carrots are fork-tender.
- Serve immediately.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile