If you’re excited about fall, it’s here! The early days of fall are exciting because although there might be a chill in the air, the summer weather might be around for just a little longer. Of course, you can enjoy fall flavors (think chai, pumpkin spice, nutmeg) year-round, but there is a delicious fall flavor that’s perfect to welcome fall and that flavor is maple.
Maple is a wonderful flavor to add to pancakes, cakes, and frostings to compliment spicy dishes, too. If you’re looking for an easy way to upgrade the way you use maple, try out making maple butter by combining maple syrup and your favorite plant-based butter and use it to dip bread, drizzle on top of pancakes, or even stir into oatmeal.
You can create a delicious maple flavor using maple syrup, but you can also use maple sugar or even maple extract. Keep in mind that maple extract is a strong addition, so if you’re using it in substitution for these recipes, use a bit at a time and taste to make sure you’re getting a nice, sweet flavor.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to enjoy maple flavor in your fall dishes!
Sweet Recipes Using Maple
Maple is the star of the show in these sweet recipes! Think of doing a maple drizzle on these Banana Walnut Muffins with a Maple Glaze by Sarah Ottino or even using it in this Maple Nut Granola by Emily von Euw!
- Banana Walnut Muffins with a Maple Glaze by Sarah Ottino
- Broiled Maple Cinnamon Grapefruit and Strawberries by Shanika Graham-White
- Maple Stewed Peaches with Coconut Whipped Cream by Molly Thompson
- Maple Nut Granola by Emily von Euw
- Pumpkin Maple Galette by Pavani Nandula
- Maple Pecan Tahini Fudge by Tara Weir
- French Mini Apple Tarts with Caramelized Maple Syrup Glaze and Roasted Pecans by Lena Novak
Using Maple to Compliment Savory Recipes
Using maple in savory recipes adds a sweet flavor to compliment the spices of your dish. Try out using it as a dressing or even to coat chickpeas and create delicious snacks.
- Broccoli Kale Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts With Quinoa Risotto by Rachel Carr
- Balsamic Maple Glazed Cauliflower by Kaylee Pauley
- ‘Chicken’ and Waffles With Spicy Maple Syrup by Lauren Hartmann
- Maple Za’atar Roasted Chickpeas by Spice Spice Baby, Kanchan Koya PhD
- Maple Chipotle Candied Walnuts by Rouxbe
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental well-being, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.