The greatest breakfast for Valentine’s day or any day ever——has arrived! Your next start to the morning needs this Broiled Maple Cinnamon Grapefruit + Strawberries, made with roasted grapefruit, a cinnamon-infused maple sauce, yogurt, granola, and fresh strawberry slices. Perfect for any grapefruit lover!
Broiled Maple Cinnamon Grapefruit and Strawberries [Vegan]
For the Grapefruits:
- 3 large Red grapefruits, halved
- 2 Tbsps Extra virgin olive oil (See Notes!)
Cinnamon Maple Sauce:
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola, homemade or store-bought (See Notes!)
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt or coconut whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
Make the Cinnamon Maple Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and brown sugar together, whisking until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
To Broil the Grapefruit:
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to the Broil setting. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. OPTION 2:
- Prepare a 12-inch oven-safe cast iron skillet by greasing it lightly with oil or parchment paper (for greater ease).
- Place each half of grapefruit unto the prepared baking sheet (sliced side up), making sure that they are side by side. Drizzle olive oil atop each slice.
- Spoon half of the cinnamon maple sauce atop the grapefruit slices and add them to the oven on broil for 5-10 minutes. NOTE: Be sure to monitor the grapefruit to ensure that they don't brown too quickly or burn.
- Remove grapefruits from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- To serve, add 1-2 Tbsps of yogurt or whipped cream, granola, and strawberries followed by 1 Tbsp of the remaining cinnamon maple sauce.
- Repeat for each grapefruit served.
- OIL:If you choose to opt out of Extra virgin olive oil, feel free to substitute with coconut oil, grapeseed oil, or your favorite neutral oil.
- TOPPINGS:You can always top your broiled grapefruit with your favorite things like: nuts, oats, other fresh fruit, ricotta cheese, sautéed greens (like kale or spinach), etc.