Imagine you’re sitting on your back porch with friends under the string lights after a dinner of burgers and pasta salad. What could be better than finishing off the night with gooey peaches and fresh coconut cream with a sprinkling of cinnamon? We cook the peaches in healthy oil and unrefined sugars for an anti-inflammatory treat with a boost of vitamin C.
Maple Stewed Peaches with Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan]
For the Peaches:
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (60 g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup (230 g) canned coconut cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup (85 g) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- To make the peaches, melt the coconut oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add the peaches, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and cloves and mix well. Cook, stirring frequently, until the peaches are softened and turn a dark amber brown.
- While the peaches are stewing, make the coconut whipped cream. Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream on medium-high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Serve the peaches in bowls topped with whipped cream, a dusting of cinnamon, and a mint leaf.
If peaches aren’t in season, you can use any other stone fruit or even apples.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile