Mug cakes require minimal effort, equipment (AKA a microwave, a spoon, and a mug), and time! Whether you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your friends or just want to show yourself some love, these mug cakes are the perfect treat. You probably already have most of these ingredients on hand, so grab a mug and spread the love with one of these recipes from the Food Monster App.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Chocolate Mug Cake
Source: Chocolate Mug Cake
Nora Schlesinger‘s Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is a classic. It’s gooey, chocolatey, and only takes five minutes to make! This recipe is gluten-free but, if you aren’t gluten-free and just have regular flour on-hand that’s okay too!
2. Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Source: Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Everyone knows that the best part of a cookie is the soft, gooey middle… Melanie Sorrentino‘s Snickerdoodle Mug Cake tastes exactly like the soft fluffy middle of a snickerdoodle. This one only takes 2 minutes to make and only requires 6 pantry ingredients.
3. Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
Source: Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
This Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake by Annie Markowitz is perfect to start your day with! Start Valentine’s Day feeling sweet with this healthy, oil-free treat.
4. Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
Source: Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
Make Melanie Sorrentino‘s Cookies and Cream Mug Cake if you need a perfect way to portion desserts so that you can still enjoy an indulgent treat without being tempted by a whole, decadent cake.
5. Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
Source: Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
Try Melanie Sorrentino‘s Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake recipe for a yummy breakfast, snack, or dessert! One minute and six ingredients for the most adorable mini cinnamon rolls you’ve ever seen!
6. Peanut Butter Brownie Mug Cake
Source: Peanut Butter Brownie Mug Cake
Melanie Sorrentino‘s Peanut Butter Brownie Mug Cake is the ultimate indulgent dessert for when you just need some fudgy chocolatey goodness. This one is also really good for when you’re trying to impress someone special on a budget.
7. 90-Second Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
Source: 90-Second Cookies and Cream Mug Cake
Inka Szot‘s 90-Second Cookies and Cream Mug Cake is moist, sweet, a tiny bit chocolatey, and totally stuffed with pieces of chocolate sandwich cookies. When you bite into this dessert you’re going to experience a rich decadent cake followed by the soft cookies and the creamy topping.
8. Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Source: Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Melanie Sorrentino‘s quick and easy Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is infused with the pumpkin spice flavors you have come to love. The fluffy little cakes are extra sweet with the addition of chocolate chips.
9. Banana Bread Mug Cake
Source: Banana Bread Mug Cake
Sweet breakfast or healthy dessert? Melanie Sorrentino‘s Banana Bread Mug Cake is gluten-free, has no refined sugars, and you probably already have all the ingredients at home.
10. Oil-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Source: Oil-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Look how cute this little Oil-Free Chocolate Mug Cake by Annie Markowitz is! This one takes just 5 minutes to make, it’s oil-free and low in sugar but it tastes so indulgent, especially with the optional sugar-free frosting on top!
11. Cinnamon Apple Mug Cake
Source: Cinnamon Apple Mug Cake
Philipp Ertl‘s Cinnamon Apple Mug Cake is perfect if you have an apple on hand and need an excuse to use it! It requires a blender so the batter is extra smooth and rich!
12. Lemon Zucchini Mug Cake
Source: Lemon Zucchini Mug Cake
Light, refreshing, and super simple! This Lemon Zucchini Mug Cake by Emily Brees takes two minutes to make and results in a moist and delicious cake that you can’t resist!
13. Fudgy, Gooey Cake for One
Source: Fudgy, Gooey Cake for One
Just look at Michaell Johnson‘s Fudgy, Gooey Cake for One. The name doesn’t even do the picture justice. This moist chocolate cake dessert is a total dream!
14. Coconut Lemon Mug Cake
Source: Coconut Lemon Mug Cake
Taylor Kiser‘s fresh and light Coconut Lemon Mug Cake is a delicious dessert that’s ready in under five minutes! Ridiculously simple, sweet, and tangy lemony deliciousness is happening inside this mug of happiness.
15. Single Serving Cherry Crumble
Source: Single Serving Cherry Crumble
Sarah Pether‘s Single Serving Cherry Crumble is perfect if you aren’t a fan of the usual cakey dessert! This one requires an oven but it’s so worth the extra effort!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!